AMETEK Brookfield's latest Rheometer for measuring small sample sizes, now with magnetic cone/plate.The DVNext Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Rheometer gives researchers a sophisticated instrument for routinely determining absolute viscosity of fluids in small sample volumes. Its cone and plate geometry provides the precision necessary for development of complete rheological data.
Features & Benefits
- 7-inch Full-Color Touch Screen Display
- With enhanced controls and real-time graphing. Supports multiple languages.
- Displays info including Viscosity (cP or mPa•s), Temperature (°C or °F), Shear Rate/Stress, % Torque, Speed/Spindle, Step Program Status, Math Model Calculations
- Viscosity Wizard for data analysis in stand-alone mode
- Stand-alone Programming
- Magnetic Cone Plate
- Integrated Temperature Control with AMETEK Brookfield TC series Baths and AP/SD Controllers or AMETEK Brookfield Thermosel System
- RTD Temperature Probe
- Accuracy: ±1.0% of Range (displayed with test data)
- Repeatability: ±0.2%
- Analyzes characteristics such as yield stress, flow curves (mixing, pumping, spraying), leveling, and recovery
- USB PC Interface provides optional computer control and automatic data collection capability
- Digital Leveling
- Internal Data Storage: 150 MB
- Date and Time Stamp File
- Built-In Options
- Math Modeling (e.g., Casson, Bingham, Power Law, Thix Index)
- Temperature Control
- Yield Tests
- Programmable QC Limits, Alarms, and End Conditions
- GAMP and 21CFR Part 11 Compliant
- Customizable User Access
- Electronic Signatures
- Uneditable PDFs
- Automated Archived Audit Trail
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The DVNext Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Rheometer is a precise torque meter which is driven at discrete rotational speeds. The torque measuring system, which consists of a calibrated beryllium-copper spring connecting the drive mechanism to a rotating cone, senses the resistance to rotation caused by the presence of sample fluid between the cone and a stationary flat plate.
The resistance to the rotation of the cone produces a torque that is proportional to the shear stress in the fluid. This reading is easily converted to absolute centipoise units (mPa·s) from pre-calculated range charts. Alternatively, viscosity can be calculated from the known geometric constants of the cone, the rate of rotation, and the stress related torque.
The correct relative position of cone and plate is obtained by following a simple mechanical procedure without the need for external gauges or supplementary instrumentation.
The stationary plate forms the bottom of a sample cup which can be removed, filled with 0.5 ml to 2.0 ml of sample fluid (depending on cone in use), and remounted without disturbing the calibration. The sample cup is jacketed and has tube fittings for connection to a constant temperature circulating bath.
The system is accurate to within ±1.0% of full-scale range. Reproducibility is to within ±0.2%. Working temperature range is from 0°C to 100°C.
Various cone spindles are available for use with the DVNext Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Rheometer. Cone spindles may be purchased and will be calibrated for use with the same sample cup
- Lab Stand**
- Carrying Case
Note: Requires at least 1 CPM spindle and 1 CPA sample cup to operate.. Click to Buy
**Type of stand depends on model chosen