General Purpose Silicone fluids are the most commonly used standard for verifying calibration of your AMETEK Brookfield laboratory Viscometers/Rheometers. Silicone Standards are Newtonian fluids which are accurate to ±1% of viscosity value. Silicone fluids provide excellent temperature stability and are less temperature sensitive than oil viscosity standards.
AMETEK Brookfield Viscosity Standards are certified by methods traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The selection of one or two fluids will normally provide sufficient measurement points to verify calibration of your instrument. Fluids with a viscosity of 30,000 cP or greater are supplied in 16 oz (500 mL) containers, all other fluids are supplied in 24 or 32 oz (750 or 1000 mL) containers, complete with a certificate of calibration.
Not sure which standards you need? See ourFAQ section.
Features & Benefits
- Accuracy: ±1% of viscosity value
- Most economical viscosity standard
- Excellent temperature stability
- Recommended for use with AMETEK Brookfield Viscometers/Rheometers and most other rotational viscometers
- Special viscosity values and temperature calibrations available upon request